Makes about 36 brownies.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high (100%) 2 to 2½ minutes or until melted.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Blend in cocoa.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pan bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.