- 1 pastry shell, 9"
- 1½ cup pumpkin, canned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tbsp liquid cal-free sweetener 
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- light vanilla ice cream (7% bf)
- Prick pastry shell with a fork.
- Bake in 450°F oven for 8 minutes.
- Stir together pumpkin, egg, milk, sweetener, sugar and seasonings.
- Pour into partially baked pie shell.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 50 minutes or until centre is almost set.
- Cool slightly and then refrigerate.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve each with 2 tbsp light vanilla ice cream.
- Preparation 15 minutes, cook 50 minutes.
- ↑ the most common liquid sweetener in canada is sugartwin. 3 tbsp is the sweetness equivalent of 12 tbsp sugar or ¾ cup.
Nutritional information Edit
⅛ pie with 2 tbsp light vanilla ice cream:
- 173 calories
- 20 g carbohydrate
- 5 g protein
- 9 g fat
- 1 g fibre
½ starchy choice
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.