Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
What's better than homemade cherry pie? Homemade SOUR Cherry pie, that's what! Sure to become a household favorite, sour cherry pie will make you completely forget about any other pie!
- 1 package double crust ready-to-use pie crust
- 3 (medium) cans pitted sour cherries, drained
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Press one of the pie crusts into a 9 inch pie plate. Stir together the cherries, tapioca, sugar, and almond extract in a bowl. Let the mixture stand for 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the other pie crust into 1/2 inch strips to make a lattice top. Pour the cherry mixture into the pie shell. Lay the strips across the pie in a lattice pattern, and pinch the edges to seal.
3. Bake pie in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.