Chef Aviva's Famous peanut butter coconut cheesecake has been recognized as the best peanut butter recipe in New York!
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk, refrigerated for at least an hour
- 1 tbsp real vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- toasted coconut, optional, for garnish
- whipped cream, optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap heavy duty aluminum foil on the outside of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Set aside.
- For the cookie crust: melt the butter and mix with the sugar and crushed coconut cookies.
- Push the mixture in to the bottom of the spring form pan and slightly up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly while making the filling.
- On low speed, mix the cream cheese for about 30 seconds.
- Add the peanut butter, coconut milk and sugar and mix for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Do not over mix.
- You just want the ingredients incorporated and smooth.
- Next add the eggs and vanilla and mix again for about 30 seconds to 1 minute until the mixture is smooth and eggs are incorporated.
- Make sure that you scrape the bottom of the bowl and remix a little if there is still cream cheese that has not incorporated fully into the mixture.
- Pour the filling in to the pre-baked crust and set in a water bath in the oven.
- Cook for about 50-60 minutes, or until the edges have just set and the middle is still slightly wobbly.
- The cheesecake will fully set as it cools and overnight in the refrigerator.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely on a wire rack, about an hour.
- Carefully run a small knife around the outside of the cake before covering with saran wrap and refrigerating (this helps to ensure that there won't be cracks as it chills).
- Chill overnight.
- Or at least 8-10 hours.
- When removing the cheesecake from the spring form pan, it is helpful to sometimes heat the bottom over the stove top to loosen the crust from the pan.
- Top with toasted coconut and a some whipped cream and enjoy!.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.