Fruit & Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6-8
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup ground pecans
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp shortening
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- Combine flour, ground pecans and powdered sugar.
- Mix well.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Chill flour mixture 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, water, sugar and margarine in 2 quart saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into 2 quart casserole.
- Remove pastry mixture from refrigerator and roll out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut pastry into oblong strips each 1" wide.
- Crisscross pastry strips over blueberries.
- Brush with water and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.