- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp lite preserves or fruit-based jam
- 1 egg replacer equal to 1 egg (reconstituted to liquid)
- 2 to 3 mashed very ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- sift together
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Wheat gluten
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 c. Raisins or Date pieces
- Mix together applesauce and preserves
- Beat in egg
- Stir in banana, soy milk and vinegar
- Sift together dry ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to the batter, mixing well.
- Stir in raisins or date pieces
- Fill cupcake size muffin tins ¾ full. (batter is very thick).
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees, until top is brown and has a hard crust.
- Cool slightly, then remove from tins.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.