- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 – 3 tsp. grated lime peel
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divide
- 1 baked, 9" pie shell
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ½ cup heavy cream, whipped
- green food coloring
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Beat egg yolks, add ½ cup sugar, lime juice, and salt.
- Cook over hot water stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add lime peel and gelatin.
- Stir until gelatin is dissolved and add food coloring to tint a soft pale green.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, adding remaining sugar slowly.
- Fold into lime mixture.
- Pour into pie shell, chill until firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream or meringue.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.