Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes About 16 Servings.
Crumb Crust Edit
- 3 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup strained lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 or 2 lemons, thinly sliced for garnish, optional
- mint sprig, for garnish, optional
Crumb Crust Edit
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter, stirring together with fork.
- Gently press mixture into bottom of buttered 10 inch spring-form pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes on middle rack until slightly dry.
- Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Scrape bowl and beaters and beat in eggs, two at a time, scraping bowl and beaters between each addition to avoid lumps.
- Beat in eggs only until absorbed.
- Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Wrap double thickness of aluminum foil around bottom of pan.
- Place pan in roasting pan.
- Pour in batter.
- Place pans in oven.
- Pour warm water to depth of 1 inch into lower pan.
- Bake at 325°F about 1 hour or until lightly golden and firm, except for area about 2 inches in diameter in very center.
- Remove from oven.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake from pan with tip of small, sharp knife to prevent cracking.
- Leave cheesecake in the water filled pan until cool enough to handle.
- Remove pan from water.
- Peel away foil and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate cheesecake, loosely covered with foil, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Loosen sides of pan from cheesecake with small, sharp knife.
- Remove side of pan.
- Garnish cheesecake with lemon slices and mint sprig.
- Cut cheesecake with sharp, thin knife, dipped in warm water and wiped clean between each cut.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.