Makes: 12 Cherry and Chocolate Muffins
These Cherry and Chocolate muffins are delicious, and taste like proper muffins should, great for a school project, or to feed hungry mouths! -Lcawte
- 250 g / 9 oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 110 g / 4 oz melted butter
- 110 g / 4 oz caster sugar
- 85 ml / 3 fl oz milk
- 85 g / 3 oz glace cherries
- 85 g / 3 oz chocolate chips (select from white, dark, milk or a selection.)
- 2 beaten eggs
- Preheat oven: 190°C / 375°F / Gas mark 5.
- Sift flour, add baking powder and salt.
- In a new bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, eggs and milk and selection of cherries and chocolate chips.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture.
- Line 12 wells of a muffin tin with muffin cases then half fill with muffin mixture.
- Place tray in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until muffins have risen and are golden brown on top. Try skewering the biggest muffin, remove from oven if skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from tray and leave to cool.
- 1 sieve.
- 2 mixing bowls.
- 1 whisk.
- 1 saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon
- 12 muffin cases
- 1 table spoon
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.