- 4 cups fruit, cut into small pieces (suggestions, apples, cherries, berries, etc.)
- 1½ cups fruit juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp almond extract (optional)
- If frozen fruit is used, heat in saucepan just until juice flows as the fruit thaw.
- Drain before the fruit warms.
- If the fruit are sugared, reduce sugar in recipe to taste.
- Stir sugar and cornstarch together, add small amount of juice to make a paste.
- Stir into juice; cook, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Stir in drained fruit and extract.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.