Basic Muffin Mix Edit
- 5½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2½ cup natural bran
- 1¾ cup skim milk powder
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
Healthy Start Muffin Edit
- 1 cup All-bran cereal
- 1¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup fancy molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¾ cup best: basic muffin mix
- ¾ cup prunes, chopped
- ⅓ cup green pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Mix together Basic Muffin Mix ingredients in large bowl; transfer to airtight container and store in a cool dry place. Stir before using.
- In a medium bowl, soak cereal in water for 5 minutes or until softened;
- Whisk in oil, molasses, egg and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, stir together Basic muffin mix, prunes, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and baking soda
- Stir in cereal mixture just until moistened
- Spoon into greased muffin cups, filling to top.
- Bake in 375°F / 190°C oven for about 30 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes; remove muffins to rack and let cool completely.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.