- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ tablespoon ginger
- pinch of salt
- Heat the molasses with the shortening.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, ginger and salt.
- Add this mixture to the molasses and shortening.
- Let cool.
- Toss when cool on floured pastry board.
- Roll out thin and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on greased pastry sheet.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 10 minutes.
- Ginger snaps must be crisp.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.