- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup store-bought eggnog
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- colored sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to ⅛-in.
- Cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush with egg white; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 6 – 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.