- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Brush a 9-inch spring-form pan generously with melted butter.
- For crust:.
- Melt butter, stir in cookie crumbs and sugar.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan, spreading evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake until lightly toasted- about 13–15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- For the cheesecake:.
- In an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until soft.
- Add sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth and scraping down the sides after each addition.
- Stir in zest.
- Pour batter into spring-form pan and bake until done.
- Turn oven off and leave door slightly open for 1 hour.
- Transfer to refrigerator and chill overnight.
- Remove sides of spring-form and cake on pan base.