Christmas Butter Cookies from Recipes Wiki—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar.
- Gradually stir in vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Blend in flour and salt.#
- Mix well.
- Wrap dough and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Lightly flour a pastry cloth and rolling pin.
- Roll dough to about ⅛" thickness.
- Cut into desired shape.
- Place 1" apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F.
- For 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool, frost and decorate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.