- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3/4 tsp grated orange rind
- 3 tbs orange juice
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars in a separate bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- On floured surface, roll out half of dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut with 1 3/4 inch heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 min. Cool cookies.
- Roll, cut and bake remaining dough.
- Beat all filling ingredients in bowl until smooth but thick.
- Spread 1 tsp on half of the cookies. Sandwich with second cookie.
- Let set 30 min.
- Dust with Confectioners Sugar
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.