- 2 square chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sweet milk
- To prepare this chocolate Drop Cookies Recipe, first melt the chocolate and add to the melted shortening.
- Add Sugar, egg, milk, and soda and flour sifted together.
- Batter should be stiff enough to drop from the spoon.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased pans, and bake in a moderate oven (350-375 degrees F.).
- Frost, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.