- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspo vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 packag NESTLÉ ® TOLL HOUSE ® semi-sweet chocolate Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT butter and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour and nuts. Stir in 1 1/2 cups morsels. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and light golden brown on bottom. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- MICROWAVE remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over cookies. Refrigerate cookies for about 5 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store at room temperature in airtight containers.
- NOTE: For a spicier cookie, add 2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon to flour before adding to butter-Sugar mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.