Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 2½ hours
- Serves: 10
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup good bourbon
- 1⅓ cups chocolate chips
- 2½ cups pecan pieces
- pastry dough for 9-inch pie (commercial or your own)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat eggs until yellow and creamy, in a large bowl.
- Whisk in half-and-half, sugar, and syrup, until smooth.
- Stir in bourbon, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Oil a spring-form pan lightly.
- Roll out the pastry dough and press it into a pan, pressing out any air bubbles.
- Pour mixture into oiled spring-form pan.
- Put pie on a baking sheet with a raised edge or border.
- Bake until only the center is sightly jiggly, about 2 hours. Do not unmold pie until it is absolutely cooled—at least an hour later.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.