Yields: 20 hats
Delicious and quirky candy-filled witches' hats for a Halloween party, or just for the whole family!
- self-sealing plastic bag
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 20 chocolate ice cream cones
- candy corn or assorted small candies
- large green and yellow gumdrops (optional)
- 20 (2- to 3-inch) chocolate cookies
- Fill plastic bag with some chocolate frosting.
- Seal bag and cut a very small end off one corner of the bag and set aside.
- For each hat, invert one ice cream cone and fill with about 2 tablespoons candy corn or small candies.
- Pipe some frosting from bag along bottom edge of cone.
- Press a cookie against frosting.
- Carefully invert right side up onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Decorate outside of cone with small candies, using additional frosting as necessary.
- Refill frosting bag as needed.
- If desired, roll out large green and yellow gumdrops on a sugared surface until ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut into ¼-inch strips.
- Press green strips around brim of hat and cut smaller pieces from yellow strips to make a buckle; press onto hat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.