- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter - melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries - drained well or 1 cup frozen blueberries - thawed, drained well
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine oats and buttermilk in a small bowl; set aside and let stand.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, brown sugar, stir well.
- Add egg and melted butter to oats.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until all is moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin pan until three-quarters full each.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.