- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup apple juice concentrate
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 med apples
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel, seed, and finely chop apples.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners; set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Combine and add eggs, apple juice concentrate, melted butter, and vanilla; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in apple and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling each cup ¾ full.
- Bake 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let stand in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cooled muffins may be wrapped securely and frozen up to 3 months.
Nutrition information Edit
Per muffin: 199 calories, 4 gm protein, 25 gm carbohydrate, 9 gm fat, 49 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, ¼ diabetic starch/bread exchange, 1¾ diabetic fat exchange, ½ diabetic fruit exchange.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.