Cranberry Sauce, Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 9
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 x 16-ounce can cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 cups peeled, thinly-sliced apples (about 5 medium)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Blend in melted margarine and water. Mix until crumbly.
- Combine cranberry sauce and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Mix well. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes until sauce bubbles. Add apples, tossing to coat. Spoon into 8” square baking pan. Spread crumbled topping over fruit.
- Bake at 375°F for 25–35 minutes until apples are tender. Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.