- First rub the sugar and paste together, then add the beaten whites.
- This may be put on oiled paper with a pastry bag and tube, or may be dropped in small bits from the tip of a spoon.
- Bake fifteen to twenty minutes in a cool oven.
- When done, invert the paper and wet with a cloth wrung out of cold water.
- The macaroons will then easily peel off.
- Before baking, the macaroons may be sprinkled with almonds which have been blanched and shredded or chopped.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.